Photos!

Photos!

Thursday 26 June 2014

European Schools Chess Championships

Hi all,

I am writing this from Kavala, Greece after the prize giving ceremony of the European Schools Championships, where I have spent ten days competing in the U15 section, together with three other England players (there were a total of twenty-eight players of different ages representing England).

Unfortunately, I did not have the best of tournaments, finishing on 4/9 along with two of my other England U15 team mates. We were pleased that one of us managed to break the 50% barrier, with Yang-Jian Zhou finishing on 5/9.

Our best result was Harvey Zhang, an U9, who came second in his section with 7.5/9. Zoe Varney (in the U15 Girls section) and Paul Calderon (in the U17 section) also received prizes for finishing in the top six.

Kavala is a lovely town near the island of Thassos, where we spent our rest day on the beach.

Below is a photo showing the England Team, me in my Knights of Chelmsford t-shirt and the town of Kavala.



Later this evening the England team will have a blitz tournament (all moves in 5 minutes), so hopefully I can do well in that!

See you on Tuesday,

Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment